Friday, January 9, 2009

Got Some Jing You Could Spare?

So - I make this crazy New Year's resolution to incorporate more "Feng Shui" into my home and life. Hey, I watch an ample amount of HGTV - so I hear the words all the time, and I figure I'm half-way there. But, I also took a HUGE step by purchasing the book "Fast Feng Shui" . Now, I have an investment, so I am truly committed.

Okay - I will admit that I am still on Step 1...but I am going to take you on this journey w/ me. Now, this is supposed to be life-altering - so, I am totally expecting to be retired on my own island in a year...it is, however "Fast Fung Shui".

One of the main points (um, of the introduction) is that your home (land, office....) must have a positive flow of "chi" throughout. The "chi" is like a river of energy throughout my home. I think my chi is stuck between a mound of a week's worth of laundry, Christmas presents that have yet to find a home, and bills from Christmas that I probably should be paying instead of typing this blog!

Supposedly, my front door entrance defines my career. So, what does the magazine holder overflowing w/ magazines that I keep meaning to read say?........... - okay, I am back now...had to go move that to my "relationships" corner. Maybe they will read the magazines.

Also, there is my "jing" which is the "substance that underlies all organic life" of which we only have a certain amount of when we are born and when it is gone, it's gone. I wish I could go back in time b/c I know that I wasted large portions of my jing on all those huge decisions, like what color to paint the kitchen, or all the crazy fund-raisers I have participated in, or grilling family members to find out who didn't replace the toilet paper roll.....so, I think I am now jingless.

Wish me luck as I shall trudge through trying to find my chi.......and the mate to this sock would be nice, too.

4 comments:

  1. You are so funny. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm new here! What a great blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, its Monday morning, how did the feng shui go over the weekend??? Any major enlightenments?

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can say is that I am a bit confused. I am supposed to balance earth/water/fire/etc. And, if there is too much fire - use water....but, be careful b/c if there is also wood - then the water will make the wood grow which fuels the fire and then our whole cosmic balance will explode. I am continuing to read...but for now...chocolate....

    ReplyDelete